Thursday 24 November 2011

Slacking

Okay so it's been awhile since I've posted on here - school is just so much of my life right now (well it basically is my life). I can just never find the time to post anything!
But I found something today that I had to pass on to anyone reading who has been dying to have something on a tee or tank and hasn't been able to find it.
This is a great blog all together but this particular post was ingenious!

You start by buying a white plain tee, tank, dress - whatever it is you want! Then find yourself some Elmer's Blue Gel Glue and some fabric dye.
Now wet your tank, tee - whatever - with  cold water and then stretch the shirt over something like plastic (cutting board, t-shirt board etc.)
Now take your glue and draw or write whatever your heart desires!
For several hours let it dry completely (this is emphasized) - now to dye your shirt!
Mix your dye with cool water in a plastic tub and (using gloves) place your shirt in - when you have the colour you want (it will be darker when wet) remove and let dry.
Once dry and before washing it in a machine you want to soak it in soapy water to remove excess glue.
Once the washing process is complete - voila! You have your very own original shirt.

This is probably the most cool DIY clothing tutorial I have seen yet! (to check out pictures head over to Ucreate to see a much more comprehensive explanation)
This is a must do as I have been desperate to find a tank/tee with this on it - now all I have to do is make it!
What are you going to make?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...